воскресенье, 27 ноября 2011 г.

The story must go on

I've got a serious problem. You see, now I'm reading Lolita for the 2nd time so that I could post ANYTHING pretty normal here.. Well and now i don't know why but I dislike the book very much. I  got tired of it. Especially I got tired of Humbert Humbert, everytime I open the book, I have a feeling that Humbert Humbert is following me and wants to hurt me. From the first pages (when I only began to read Lolita for the 1st time) I began hating that little stupid hooker, the way she was talking to her mother was awful.. Nabokov created a very strange character as I think. Lolita was only 12 years old, anyway : she behaved like a 22 years old girl who was very stupid. D'you understand me? Nowadays I see and know plenty of such girls. Pleeeeenty of. And I dislike them very much. In her grey matter she wasn't 12 years old little-nice-girl. When her mother died, she sold her cunt to Humbert Humbert , and the price was too low. all he needed to do is just to buy trifles like sweets and give her some coins so that she could listen to the music in some kind of music-boxes. and also i began rereading "little women & good wives" and understood that i'd better use this book for my ind'reading (my CONFESSION) but.... to sum up : i DO think and found some very useful pieces of information there. and everybody who'll read it will be able to find some sense there . as for me, the story tells how cruel this world is and howcarefull we should be.

5 комментариев:

  1. Этот комментарий был удален автором.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Ooo)))This "specific" book have disappointed Annie))) Are you tired of such kind of book? I can bet that it happened after 13'th chapter of "Uliss". Now you know what people think in such moments.
    TWELVE YEARS OLD??? She was only twelve years old?Oh, it's awful. But I think that may be I'll read it to feel an indignation which this book will arouse in me.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  3. Yes, she was so young, and actually, maybe it's not very nice to dwell here some details but can you imagine that she wasn't virgin when Humbert Humbert raped her for the 1st time?

    ОтветитьУдалить
  4. I think that's not very strange that you got tired of the book because the book is too peculiar. Maybe sometimes it is really interesting but all in all the plot is very specific. I think I will not be able to read such kind of books. It is not for me.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  5. Anya,
    I like your reflections about the book. I wouldn't read such kind of books knowing the plot. What's more, I would ban the book if myou think about the consequences it might bring. I mean if it inspires one more Humbert, I would rather burn all the books and slap Nabokov in the face.
    I see your blog gave rise to vivid dicussions, but you still have to finish the tasks - review, letter, cultural aspects and vocabulary.

    ОтветитьУдалить