пятница, 7 октября 2011 г.

I've learned plenty of new words

I guess I should write here a word, a translation and the example of the phrase I could create using new vocabulary? Okay.
1. Typhus - сыпной тиф.
In the Past, plenty of people died of typhus, as there was no cure.
2. Pastiche - мешанина, всякая всячина, ерунда. The word of French origin. (By the way, as the main character lived some period of time in Paris, there are plenty of French words in the text. I suppose It's an interesting author's idea.)
Oh, such a pastiche! A can't bear it!
3. To wiggle - покачивать
Stop wiggling your foot!
4. Coltish - жеребячий
Oh, you're rather fat and you waist is too big. The type of your body can be called as coltish.
5. To waylay - подстерегать, устраивать засаду
A ruffian waylaid her in the street.

1 комментарий:

  1. I don't see plenty of words...Try to use more word combinations, collocations and phrases. It's good that you try to explain the origin of words and connect it to the author's idea. Try to employ synonyms / antonyms and at least 1 mind map.

    ОтветитьУдалить